Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ticket Scammer

9:45 a.m. : "Welcome, you have been entered into the virtual waiting room."
Hmmm...I've never seen this before on a website. Things have certainly come a long way since my days of standing for hours outside some arena to get concert tickets!

9:55 a.m. : "Patrons will be allowed to purchase tickets at the time of sale in the order they were entered into the virtual waiting room. Please be sure the volume of your computer is up to hear the alert."
Oh trust me, it's up and I'm ready!

10:00 a.m. : "You may now purchase tickets for Billy Joel at Fenway Park."
Yes, I am in! I'd like 3 please.

10:00:01 a.m. "Tickets for this event are sold out."
Whaaaaaat!!!!!?????? They've been on sale a mini-second, how can this be? Sheer panic ripples through my body. I can not miss this. The Piano Man is my ultimate favorite, not to mention it's at Fenway. What better way to start the summer? He was my first concert ever and I've seen him countless times since. He is responsible for sparking my love of seeing and hearing live music.
I. Must. Be. There.

10:03 a.m.
Calm down. Breath. Think. There has to be a way. Other sites. Other sites MUST have tickets, right?

10:07 a.m.
They do! Other sites do have tickets, but oh lordy the prices!! These scammers bought up all the tickets and now they are going to rob people. I don't care, it's Billy Joel. I frantically
call cousins to find out their price limit. Nobody cares, we are all in for whatever it costs.

10:30 a.m.
Grrrrr! These other sites are a pain in the arse! Tickets are sold in a certain number of sets and nobody has 3 together. I need 3!!!! Why is this happening???

10:49 a.m.
Still. Searching.

11:17 a.m.
3! I found 3! In a field box, at 3rd base. It's meant to be...

11:20 a.m. "Your tickets have been emailed to the address you provided at checkout."
Sheer relief. I'm going! I paid an obscene amount of money, but I'm going! I. Can't. Wait.











No comments: