Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trying Something New

I started this summer with the thought that I would make myself try some new things. Not life altering things, just little things that I had never done before. So it began with kayaking...

Loved it and have been again since the start of summer. I might have to buy a kayak just so I can say I own a boat! Then I moved on to tennis...
Short lived experience with only one lesson under my belt. Then there was this...
Yes, this is me holding a real live starfish. To most this may not seem like a big deal. But you see, I'm not a fan of the unexpected. And me, holding any kind of live animal brings on a whole lot of unexpectedness. Thanks to E Squared #2 for taking this last photo. He shot three pictures and missed my head in all of them! Nonetheless, I still know it's me holding that slimy creature. :)


1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

I'm all about new experiences too. I think I'd like to try the kayaking only I'm afraid I'd probably die...