I received the following in an email recently and felt it worthy of posting ~
If a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
* When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
* Never pass up the opportunity for a joy ride.
* Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstacy.
* Take naps.
* Stretch before rising.
* Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
* Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
* On warm days, stop to lie on your back in the grass.
* When you're happy, dance around and wag your whole body.
* Run, romp and play daily.
* Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
* Be loyal.
* Never pretend to be something you are not.
* If what you want is buried, dig until you find it.
* When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.