Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Promise To Myself

I'm making a promise right here and now. I will no longer allow myself to read comments posted on any of the local media websites for any article involving education and the particular school department I work for. I'm so tired of feeling incredibly demoralized in regards to my chosen profession. It makes me sick that people continue to make uneccessary and snap comments celebrating the dismissal of nearly 2,000 teachers that happened in February...all fired without due process or just cause. It saddens me to see such a lack of respect for educators and education in general. There's a saying, "Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes." I dare anyone to spend just 10 minutes in my inner-city classsroom. Then let's see what you have to say!

No comments: