Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Day

I've been mulling over for days a title for this little adventure. I knew I couldn't start until I had the "perfect" title, because you see....that's just how I am. I wanted it to fit me, and then last night I had the aha! moment. I think what I have chosen is appropriate. I'm happiest when near the ocean and some have questioned whether I perhaps have salt water running through my veins. Who knows, maybe I do.
So I went to bed content that I had the title all worked out, but plagued by the question of what on earth will I write about. Then I woke up this morning to a:
Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy the occasional snow day. You can stay in your pajamas all day, drink hot cocoa and catch up on daytime tv. But do you also know what this means? I am delayed a day in June before I can feel the sand beneath my toes.....

3 comments:

Liss said...

Ooooh, I am so proud of you!! Excellent post, and fitting Title. I myself was very happy with the snow day because thinking of getting up and getting the Things ready was stressing me out, I just wanted to stay in bed!

The Domesticator said...

Love the title! Welcome to blogging.

I know what you mean. I am sure it stinks having to make up snow days. At least you are close to the ocean. I am three hours inland now. I miss it ;-(

Anonymous said...

The title is all you!!! I cannot wait for us to have our toes above the sand....
Just a few more months.........