Friday, August 2, 2013

Taking the Day Off

Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future... A day in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. - Maya Angelou


I read this quote in a Real Simple magazine on Tuesday night and it just stuck with me. I decided then and there that I would be taking Wednesday off. A day off from the house phone, cell phone, texting, Facebook, tv, and just dealing with the overall "stuff" of everyday life. I dropped off the grid and went to the beach. (Big surprise!) But I went by myself for the first time this summer. It was a beautiful clear day, so I was able to sit and gaze at the bluffs of my favorite island. I walked the beach, one end to the other scooping up treasures from the ocean. Several naps were taken, because the beach is where I always get my best sleep. An entire book was read and almost half of another! I soaked up the sun and the quiet while snacking on some of my favorite eats. When I returned home I made myself a scrumptious dinner - bacon and eggs! Certainly not 5 star material, but I had been craving it all day. I spent the evening doing some crafting and then took my book to bed at an actual decent hour. I fell asleep with a clear head and a smile on my face. A day away from it all - rejuvenation at its best!

No comments: