Friday, August 23, 2013

Washi What?

Washi tape...it's been my obsession this summer. I first saw it over at A Better Dream and got increasingly intrigued. When I finally got around to asking about it I was sent to Etsy. That in itself opened up a whole new world that I instantly got sucked into. Hours were spent oogling over all the fun patterns until I finally chose a package to "start" with. Just a few days later the mailman delivered it to my front door and I got to work.
I covered some clothespins with the tape for some cute "chip clips." Others got a magnet added to the back and they look great on the fridge holding some photos. I got some skinny dowels at the craft store and cut them down to the size I wanted to make the flags. A few have found their way to some cakes I've made recently, others I put in the dirt of some potted plants. There's so much more you can do with this stuff! I'm just a beginner, starting out, but having fun!
 

No comments: