Friday, March 7, 2008

Jose Cuervo Take Me Away.....

On my drive into work this morning, I mentally reviewed the list of things I needed to do this afternoon once being freed from the confines of the circus. I had thought about writing a list last night before going to bed, but decided instead that I had it all under control. It really wasn't much: 1. stop and pick up curtains at Ann & Hope before the sale ends 2. swing by Linens-n-Things to use the 25% off entire purchase coupon I found in my mailbox at work yesterday, and 3. rent some movies. My weekend glee was quickly crushed as I walked to my car after all my 3rd graders were in the clutches of their guardians. One of my kids was yelling at me that I had my vest on backwards. Indeed I did, and that probably explains why I was having such difficulty finding my car keys. A bit later, while walking by the curtain area of Linens-n-Things, it hit me that I had completely forgotten to make stop #1 at Ann & Hope. Oh I'm off to a good start! Some not so nice words were muttered under my breath, because that stop was now 20 minutes in the opposite direction. I proceeded to a LNT register with my assortment of things I really don't need - but hey, I have a coupon! The cashier politely informs me that my special Manager's coupon can't be used until next Friday. Yup, the coupon does say March 13-16. It is at this point that I begin to question the possibility that I just may be losing it. I quietly walked away from the counter and left all my things there.....I head back towards Ann & Hope where (fill in more unpleasant words) the curtains are not on sale anymore! I buy them anyway and head to the movie store before coming in for a landing at home. I don't dare hang the curtains tonight for fear of what could happen. As soon as this is posted I will be getting in my pajamas and pouring a glass of Jose Cuervo. I'll heat up last night's leftovers because I probably shouldn't be operating heavy machinery at this point....

No comments: