Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Island Religion

Lissfull recently did a blog about having the perfect thing to say at the perfect time, and then actually saying it. I agree that this does not happen very often, but when it does there can be some doozies! I've got one to share and unfortunately I can't take credit for saying it. It happened yesterday while enjoying a fabulous day on Block Island. The group I was with got invited back to a rental house for dinner, which is a very rare occurrence in itself. Our hostess brought out some treats for us to snack on. Here is just some of what appeared.

At the smell of food, Mamasita's 10 year old son appears on the porch and very matter of factly spits out "Holy hummus." It may just be the catholic school upbringing in me, but I thought that was classic. And in case you are wondering, that's 30 ounces of hummus in that tub...

3 comments:

mamasita said...

Maybe their catholic school experience has left a slight mark on their lives.
gotta love those boys

Liss said...

Most excellent! Thing 2's favorite saying is Holy Tuna....don't know why, but it's funny =)

The Domesticator said...

Hmmm....I notice most of the hummus is curiously absent....

;-)